Thursday, December 14, 2017

Ambling Through the Snow on an Angry Painted Pony…

Last weekend it SNOWED!!!! I know this isn’t any big news but it was a big deal for us in a normally nonsnowy area. I didn’t think it would stick like it did but we got around 2” of really pretty fluffy snow. Just up the mountain in the Hendersonville/Asheville area they got even MORE snow with anywhere between 10” to 12” of gorgeous, packable, snowman making snow. And just a short drive south or across they got flurries and rain with little to no accumulation. Crazy how within an hour drive you go from nothing to a foot of snow…(also apologizing now if pictures and captions are weird… I’m editing this post on my phone)


Everyone goes to Waffle House when it snows!

ANWAYS back to ponies!!! By the time I got back home from work on Friday I had time to feed the ponies and then it was dark. But the snow kept falling and I couldn’t help but get excited as I tucked the ponies in their stalls for the night. The next morning I was determined to go riding while the snow was still falling in big beautiful fat flakes and grabbed the trusty old horse, Arrow, for a “magical” snow ride. HA. 


If I stand still maybe she won’t see me…


Marley and Chimi happily went out to eat their hay and poor Arrow looked over at them longingly as I grabbed my rope halter for him. Arrow is a pretty chill dude, and the guy has had some really nice training somewhere in his past, so you really don’t need a bridle to ride him. He’s 22 this year and he’s just the perfect “let’s do it” horse bc he’s not going to do anything completely stupid and can take a joke, even though he might roll his eyes at you. 



I drug poor Arrow over to the mounting block and he would not stand straight to save his life. This should of been clue #1 that he was not in the mood to play games but I sweet talked him into a short ride and off we went!


Look at my Yak fur! 

The entire time up the driveway and down the road he kept trying to turn around. He wanted none of my magical snow ride and made his opinion very clear. I couldn’t help but laugh at him and promised just a little bit further! And he ambled on. Finally after trying to take some pretty snow ride pictures I let him turn back and ZOOM. Arrow was on a mission home. 




When we got back to the barn he was very happy to be let out to munch his hay with his friends. Actually I don’t think he cared about his friends, he just wanted food after being “tortured” for 15 minutes!!

I am pretty lucky that this little furball showed up in our life 4 1/2 years ago. He’s quirky enough to make life interesting but safe enough that I can put anyone on him and he’ll take care of them. Plus this old guy is still going strong and has plenty of life left! Maybe next time he’ll be more excited about a snow ride but I doubt it!!! But either way he gets plenty of cookies and love when I ask him to do something that’s not a part of his normal life and he always obliges. :)


Ok ok ok, you got your picture, let’s go home. 

2 comments:

  1. lol Arrow, i feel the same way about this cold weather, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) but he’s so fuzzy I stayed warm!

      Delete