Monday, August 5, 2019

Chimi Goes to Camp

Chimi in the Big Ring

First off I apologize to the readers I have and the blogs I follow. My phone has decided posting comments is unacceptable and unless I'm at home reading on my computer I can't comment, no matter how hard I try. I've given up. The unfortunate part is I read 90% of the blog posts on my phone b/c I can't at work (stupid website blocking software...and lack of a desk job in the summer) I'll figure out a better way later... but back to this blog post about the one and only Chimi!!!

The Rest Hour Bay gang!

One of the perks about working in the school system is summers off. One of the disadvantages of working in the school system is summers off. But luckily enough in my college years I worked at a summer camp and all these years later I was hired back to run the barn and riding program for the boys camp. It's a great job, I get to be around horses all day, I'm outside hiding under protective clothing and big hats, and I get to meet great people from all over the world because my staff are usually from other countries. The disadvantage is lack of free time to ride my horse. The past two summers it wasn't a big deal because either I was injured or Chimi was injured so we both enjoyed having the summer off to heal. However this summer neither of us were hurt, just really really unfit.

Follow the leader is fun when you're not the leader ;)

Thankfully the barn manager over at the girls camp (there are 2 camps owned by the same family and are run individually but also cohesively) said "bring Chimi to camp! I need to ride my horse so we can ride together during rest hour!" And that is how Chimi found his was to summer camp. It has been a whirlwind summer and we are in the home stretch (just 3 more weeks!!!!) and then Chimi will be back home. I'll miss the rest hour rides with friends once camp is over but I'm looking forward to more than an hour to tack up, ride, untack, and hose off my horse! There are a few stories I'll hopefully be sharing about Chimi's time at camp but in the mean time enjoy a few photos!

"Staff Training" aka we just wanted to ride

Staff training in the Back 40

one of the rest hour rides where we headed out  to the mares' giant field

View from the geldings' pasture.

13 comments:

  1. I've been having the same problem on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just my phone!!!! But what a sucky thing to have happen :(

      Delete
  2. I've had trouble commenting from my ipad too. Must be some issue with mobile sites I guess.
    That's awesome you got bring Chimi with you to work! Sounds like you're having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I don't know how much fun Chimi is having but it's nice to ride some this summer :)

      Delete
  3. How great to bring Chimi with you. Rushed rides are better than no rides :) Is it cooler up at camp than it has been at home? The humidity is killer these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's MILES better at camp!!!! Still hot but the humidity is less and it's anywhere from 5-10 degrees cooler during they day- plus 10%+ less humidity.... basically we should all move to the mountains in the summer :)

      Delete
  4. yay on Chimi getting to go to Summer Camp :) that sounds like the best of all worlds. Can I send Remus to you too :) HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will totally take Remus!!!!! Does he want to teach first canters to kids all summer??? We could use him!!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay Chimi!!

    ReplyDelete


  6. Buy Chicken onlineHere at Giggsmeat.com, you can buy online chicken in Delhi from us as we provide fresh chicken home delivery in Delhi, the range of fresh chicken products in our online meat shop has something for almost every recipe. If you are stirring up tikka masala, kievs, casserole, as well as the barbecue, let us serve you to get the precise cut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graphic designing institute in DelhiAspirants who want to become successful graphic designers after completing their schooling or college can opt for this course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had problems posting comments from my iPad as well. I'm guessing there's a problem with mobile sites.
    That's fantastic that you're bringing Chimi to work with you! It appears that you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prepare for SAT exams with guidance from Experts of Team Mittal Learning Stars and achieve really good SAT score.

    ReplyDelete